[youtube video=https://youtu.be/7SOYOje1Kiw ]
A man built on a good foundation will stand the tests of time. A good foundation is possible through personal development. This is made possible through simple daily routines.
1. Silence. This can include meditation, prayer or both -- any method to quiet the mind and regain calmness and focus.
2. Affirmations. Often misunderstood, affirmations are effective when you think positively about the thing you want to be or the goal you want to achieve and about the action steps that you need to take to get there.
3. Visualization. Simply visualizing your ideal outcome can trick your brain into thinking you're already there -- and reduce your drive to do the work needed to achieve it. The key, says Elrod, is to bring your end goal back to the present day and envision yourself doing the necessary work in the moment to ensure that your long-term vision actually comes into being. Sourced from:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-bowen/the-link-between-personal-development-and-professional-success_b_6769484.html
Personal development has many benefits. There are those who have tried it and they have no regrets. They have certain habits that you too can try.
They spend time getting to know themselves.
If you know who they are, chances are they devote a lot of their daily practice to knowing themselves better than you can even imagine. Successful people are self-aware on multiple levels.
They know their energy patterns, so they know how much sleep is optimal. They know when they get their best rest they are at their best when they are awake. They know what fuel their body needs, and what kind of exercise it takes to feel the way they want to feel. They know what environments they need to be creative and productive, and they know the difference between those two states.
They spend time improving themselves.
Speaking of being tuned in to themselves, successful people know that to increase their net worth they must increase their personal worth. They’ve mastered the personal SWOTT analysis and they consistently invest in themselves.
They spend time sharing themselves.
Many super successful people are generous with their money and time. I personally believe that trait builds both financial success and personal satisfaction, but it isn’t what I’m referencing here and I didn’t find it to be 100 percent consistent in all of the “daily habits” lists I read. Sourced from:http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/241836
Successful people have a mental diet that they partake of. It all starts with the morning. Remember early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise.
The 21 Day Mental Diet
1. Starting tomorrow, arise each morning at least two hours before you have to be somewhere, and invest the first golden hour in yourself, and in your mind. If you exercise physically each morning, do this before you begin to exercise mentally.
2. Before you turn on the television, radio, or read the newspaper, take 30-60 minutes and read something motivational, inspirational or educational. Be sure that the first thing you put into your mind in the morning is positive, healthy and consistent with the kind of life you want to lead.
3. After you have completed your morning reading, take a spiral notebook and write out your top 10-15 goals in the present tense, exactly as if you have already achieved them. Write goals such as, “I earn $100,000 per year”; “I weigh 165 pounds and am superbly fit”; “I drive a brand new grey BMW”; “I live in a beautiful 3500 square foot home” and so on. Rewrite your list of goals every morning without referring back to the goals you wrote the day before. This is a very important success factor for you to practice in order to achieve your goals.